Just a girl who loves Jesus and is ever so thankful for this beautiful life He's given me & the wonderful people He's filled it with. I also like to write from time to time ;) Loving these Tennessee years.

Head over to
Lauren By the Bay to read about my adventures in San Francisco.

Xo,
Lauren

Saturday, January 31, 2015

a poem.

The Prisoner’s Prayer

Don’t let them shoot,

But if they do, let it be quick.
I’m not afraid,
but I don’t want to die.
They’ve blinded me,
but I see clearly now.
Each of my senses heightened
in anticipation of lost time.
Time that was
supposed to be mine.
If only I’d gone the left.
Instead I walked right,
I’ve chosen my end.
The heat of the sun
pierces my back.
Each beat of my heart
explodes like a bomb.
I know the moment’s here
without hearing a word.
Tell my family I love them
and I’ve given all
to serve.


~LMF

No comments:

Post a Comment